🏄 Who We Are
We are the Web Infra - Web Solutions team at ByteDance, serving the entire company's Web ecosystem. Our vision is to create a world-class Web technology system, providing ByteDance products with the ultimate user and developer experience.
We firmly believe that Web technology is one of the greatest things. The Web Infra team is dedicated to providing better tools, making Web development easier, enabling developers to enjoy a better development experience, and users to enjoy a better user experience. At the same time, open source has always been something we explore in the long term.
We have created a series of Web tools to enhance development efficiency and experience, including but not limited to:
- Rust-based Web build tool — Rspack, aimed at building a high-performance front-end toolchain, providing cross-platform and Web scenarios with a "one step ahead" development experience, featuring extremely fast compilation and hot update performance.
- Open source solutions based on Rspack, including Rsbuild, Rspress, and Modern.js, forming a series of ready-to-use solutions, offering multi-scenario support from Web building, static site generation to full-stack research and development.
- High-performance Web solutions, which go beyond the traditional Web. Breaking through the conventional WebView and combining with the end, browser kernel, we continue to explore various end performance optimization methods, allowing developers to enjoy optimization capabilities at an extremely low cost.
- Modern Web engineering system, including a React-based progressive Web development framework, esbuild-based module development tools, monorepo solutions, micro-frontend/micro-module solutions, and build diagnostic analysis tools.
Currently, these tools are widely used and well-received within ByteDance. At the same time, several projects have been open-sourced to GitHub, where they are being built and developed together with the community developers.
⛺️ Where We Are
Currently, we have established R&D centers in five locations: US - Seattle, China - Beijing / Shanghai / Hangzhou / Shenzhen:
🌟 Team Culture
The Web Infra - Web Solutions team advocates for an open-source, technology-driven, and value-oriented work philosophy:
- Open Source:
- Freely communicate with colleagues within and outside the team, and explore various directions within the team.
- The team promotes sharing, turning one person's experience into the team's knowledge.
- Actively embrace the community, expand and extend based on community technology, and give back to the community.
- Professionalism is the guarantee for solving various problems. The team focuses on technology exploration, expanding the technological horizon, and injecting more possibilities into the development of the Web ecosystem.
- Combine technological development with business growth, transform technological outcomes into business value, and provide input for the development and iteration of technology.
🙋 Who We Are
- @Zack Jackson: webpack core member, author of Module Federation.
- @hardfist: Senior configuration engineer, pitfall troubleshooter, responsible for Rspack.
- @Boshen: Author of Oxc, contributor to Biome.
- @ulivz: Vue team member, responsible for VuePress.
- @Amour1688: Vue team member, responsible for babel-plugin-jsx.
- @h-a-n-a: Focused on nativizing JS tool libraries, such as magic-string-rs.
- @bvanjoi: Contributor to the Rust language.
- @sanyuan0704: Author of the WeChat account "Sanyuan Classmate", responsible for Rspress.
- @chenjiahan: Author of Vant / Vant Weapp.
🍭 Position Information
The Web Infra team is looking for experienced front-end engineers to join us in developing high-performance front-end tools and new products with an AI-first approach. This will enhance the development experience for both developers and users. As a member of the Web Infra team, you will:
- Design and develop web tools, including but not limited to: web development frameworks, Rust bundlers, etc.
- Build a universal and open-source modern web engineering system, engineering solutions, and best practices.
- Help web developers improve efficiency and quality by exploring, introducing, and ensuring the best practices and new technological solutions.
- Keep up with changes in the front-end community, practice the latest front-end technologies, and incorporate them into architectural design.
- Collaboratively explore the next generation of products from an AI-first perspective.
📌 Position Requirements
- Proficient in the technology stack based on the React ecosystem and Node.js ecosystem.
- Continuously focus on mainstream technologies, cutting-edge fields, and best practices in the global technology community.
- Experience in developing compilation tools and front-end foundational engineering.
- Active community involvement and experience with open-source projects.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience in Rust / Go / C++ / Node.js Native Addon development.
- Participation in open-source projects of the Web Infra team.
- Familiarity with mainstream models and products in the AI field, and keeping up with the latest developments in the area.
🌈 Compensation & Benefits
- Deep involvement in the construction of open-source projects to enhance professional influence.
- Collaborate with top open-source projects and developers within the community to advance the development of Web technologies.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Comprehensive medical insurance packages.
📩 Resume Submission
Please send your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Web Solutions". We look forward to having you join us!
If you have any questions about the position or the team, feel free to communicate with us through the following channels: